Be a part of the Cafe at Hogacre Common's summer - volunteer on Sundays, make friends, and learn new skills.
As a Hogacre cafe volunteer you can choose to either:
- Help out in the kitchen (9am - 1pm), helping cook and prepare vegetarian and vegan food for the cafe - which could include bakes, salads and cakes - and helping wash up after
- Help out whilst the cafe is open (1pm - 5pm), helping serve customers, run activities and events, and helping clean up at the end of the day
- Enjoy a free lunch when you volunteer
- Meet and work with lots of lovely volunteers and be supported by two lovely cafe managers
- Gain new skills and experience working in a pop-up cafe
- Learn about good food hygiene, food allergies and health and safety practices
Our provisional volunteer induction and social will be on Wednesday 10 July, 6.30 - 9.30pm, where you can get to know your fellow cafe volunteers over a potluck dinner, go on a tour of the cafe and garden, review the cafe's guidelines, and take part in a workshop on communicating about food waste.
We ask that you can commit a minimum of three Sundays, however if you'd like to be a bigger part of our team and volunteer more regularly, we'd love to have you - just say!